Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Austin Bar - a rare sighting.

Today, out of curiosity, I was searching the internet for more 'rare piercings' and came across an "Austin Bar" piercing.

The Austin Bar piercing is named after the first carrier of said piercing. I have never seen one actually being worn out in the public of Bellingham, WA. It's a horizontal piercing that goes through the tip of the nose and has no exposed metal besides the balls of the barbel(it does not pass through the septum nor exposed inside either nostril). If you go to the link below you can see a picture of the piercing.

I'd say with basic piercing cleaning, the Austin Bar would probably heal between two-three months. Of course, each person is different and may take longer to heal. And, same with what my body piercer has always told me, though the outside of a piercing looks healed, be gentle because it's still healing inside.

I would LOVE to see some people start working this piercing more. It's a truly interesting body modification. I do not believe I am one of those awesome people who has the face to pull off this one, haha.

Back to piercing creeping.

Have a great day.
AND! If you're in the great Northwest, enjoy the oh so lovely rain.





Austin Bar - BMEzine Encyclopedia:

No comments:

Post a Comment