Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I feel like I'm cheating on my metal.

I not only have a new piercing, I have a new tattoo. And, all I can say is, I want more ink.

In Bellingham, WA, there is this little tattoo place downtown called Sabbath Tattoo. I had never been there before and the place I got my first tattoo moved somewhere else. So, one day, my friend and I wandered down there because I was in need of getting a matching tattoo with a friend who lives in New York (he had already gotten his earlier that day), and the wonderful, amazing, fantastic Saul took me right in and boom. Tattoo in under 30mins. My friend was even able to watch.

Sabbath Tattoo used to be located by the cat clinic (which is near the fire station on Broadway). They moved to their downtown location... I don't think too long ago. The shop was amazing. I've been in a few other shops around just looking, talking and though they all seemed really nice and wonderful, they were always busy and super flashy. I don't know why but Sabbath Tattoo just felt more comfortable. It wasn't flashy. It seemed more... 'tough', simple. I like simple. It was comfortable. The tattoo stations cut off by waist high walls with rooms in the back for the more... "I need privacy" tattoos. Decent music playing. Art all over the walls, drawings, pictures. There was even a big animal head on the wall. It was just such a comfortable place. And Saul was so nice. A little on the quiet side, but who wouldn't be with two weird females coming in and surrounding him. He was holding the shop down alone and was stuck with my friend's and mine chatter. He even would respond to all my questions about, well, him. Even when I hiked my pants down on my left to let him get at my hip (which is where the tattoo was located), I felt comfortable the whole time. Ah, and laying on the table, the sound of some harder, screaming music playing in the background, the wuzzwuuzzbuzzing of the tattoo gun. It felt oh so good, almost as good as it feels to be in a piercing environment. Just thinking about it and all I can think is... "I NEED TO GO BACK".

ANYWAYS. Just a short recap:
I was a walk in at Sabbath Tattoo, it was later in the evening and Saul helped me and I am SO HAPPY WITH THE WORK. The price also was... Let's just say, I brought in way more money than I needed. I was so surprised by the price. I love my tattoo. I recommend Sabbath Tattoo so hard! Haha. AND SAUL. Fantastic artist!

Downtown Bellingham, WA.
Near the Black Drop coffeehouse.
I plan on going back real soon. I have a few tattoos drawn up that I would like.

My friends tattoo is the same top hat, just with more shading and a tiny bit of color. I like simple, he wanted something a little... more. I'm not sure what shop he went to in New York but he was and still is quite happy with his tattoo.

And that was the ending to my 2012.
Still single.
But.
With two new body mods.
Hell. Yeah.
Fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment